ALBA HT 434 MHz amplifiers/generator
The RF Amplifier device is a last generation solid state amplification system for a frequency source signal of 433,92MHz used for clinical hyperthermia treatment.
The main performances of HPA-200 amplification system is to give at its output an adjustable RF power levels from 0 to 250 Watts (full scale) depending from the operator's setting.
The output power setting value is sent to the RF Amplifier device using a bidirectional proprietary RS422 serial communication protocol.
The RF Amplifier device includes:
- One main AC/DC switching power supply 28V/600Watt;
- One main air forced cooling system;
- One internal 433,92MHz RF sources;
- One 250Watt high power RF amplifier blocks;
- One high power unbalancing circulator block used for output insulation;
- One digital processing units used for fault detection and protection;
- One digital processing unit used for operator interface and serial remote control.
General Technical Data - Main features
- Power Supply Voltage: 90-264Vac @ 50/60Hz
- Total power consumption: < 700 W
- Working frequency: 433.92 MHz � 70 KHz
- Output Impedance: 50ohm (S22 max 1,2 : 1) - DC insulated
- Output Connector: N Type female
- Output power: from 0 Watt at 250 Watt
- Gain resolution: +/-1% of Full Scale
- Precision (Pout / Pset): +/- 10% of Full Scale
- Stability: +/- 0,1W / �C
- Working temperature: from +10 to +50 �C workplace
- Thermal gradient: < 0,2 �C / W
- Maximum temperature: + 75�C
- Harmonic emission: > - 40 dBc
- Spurious emission: > - 60 dBc @ � 100 KHz BW
- Output power control: via serial RS232 standard bus
- Automatic protections:
- out of range temperature (>75�C)
- out of range reflected power (prog. threshold up to 130% of Pset)
- power supply fault
- Protections logic: automatic internal TTL compatible
- Fault Signalling: via serial RS232 standard bus
- Mean Time Between Failure: > 2.000 hours continue operating
- Mechanical dimensions: 370*184*327 mm
- Weight: < 7,5 Kg
RF Amplifier mechanical layout - panels descriptions
Front panel description
1) Main Switch: Turns ON and OFF the unit.
2) Input Fuse: Power supply main over current protection.
3) Diagnostic control section: Fault state visualization with Failure Reset.
4) Output power readings section: Forward and Reflect power visualization led bar with TX and RX remote data presence.
5) Status section: Displays the actual status of the unit.
6) Mode key switch: Selects the Operating Mode Manual/Remote/Test of the unit.
7) Manual setting potentiometer: Sets the output power in Manual Mode.
8) RF input setting section: Selects between internal and external RF source and shown the current selected RF source.
Rear panel description
1) RF output connector (N Type): Connect the unit to the applicator or to a 50ohm RF load (500W load required).
2) RF input connector (SMA Type): Connect the unit to an external 433,92MHz RF source.
3) Fans: Air cooling.
4) RS-422 REMOTE CONTROL Connectors (DB9 FEMALE Type): Provide a remote control via RS-422 serial link.
5) PROGRAM Connector (DB9 MALE Type): Allow the programming of the internal on-board microcontrollers (service use only).
6) AC line connector: Provided with internal Mains Line filter for the switching mode noise reduction.
7) GND connector: Earth reference.
RF Amplifier input/output connection
Accept IEC320-C13 standard plug: Input Voltage 100-240Vac 50/60Hz.
Accept N standard RF coaxial plug:
- Output impedence = 50ohm;
- Output Power Level = +53dBm +/- 0,1dB;
- Output Frequency = 433,92MHz.
Accept DB9 standard male plug:
- Electrical standard = EIA-RS422 full duplex;
- Link impedence = 120ohm;
- Data rate = 9600bps;
- Protocol = asincronous N-8-1.
The main functions implemented on proprietary board integrated in the generator are the following:
- Internal service voltages generation;
- Forward output power real time setting and reading;
- Reflected output power real time reading;
- Faults protection and operative control;
- User selectable HW address for HPA remote serial connection;
- Dedicated RS-422 serial protocol for HPA complete functionality remote control.
Multiple Amplifiers Rack - multiple amplifiers, software control interface
The system can be supplied with multiple amplifier (4, 8, 12, etc...) housed on a special rack.
Software Control Interface
1) Serial connection status
2) Output Power control from 0 to 250 W with +/- 2 W resolution
3) Reflected power control to +/- 1 W resolution
4) Diagnostic and alarm control
5) On-line remote connection assistance
The ALBA HPA amplifier can be provided also at other frequency in the range 1MHz-1GHz and for a power output in the range 100 W- 1000 W.